Area Business Manager (North West) Job
- Greater Manchester, Manchester
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
This innovative British commercial fabric manufacturer with a strong international network of clients are looking for a target driven Area Sales Manager to join their team for the North West of England. The Area Sales Manager will manage and grow the business within the OEM and Dealer market in the North West by utilising strategic marketing and promotion of the brand to maximise UK profitability.
You are an experienced sales manager located within the Manchester or North West are. As this is a home-based role, there is a requirement for enough space to establish a home office and a safe and dry place to store sample material.
The role will necessitate travel with an aim to have a minimum of 4 personal contacts with customers and potentials per day.
The Area Sales Manager Role
- To deliver budgeted revenues on an annual basis to maximise profitability of the UK market.
- Establish the brand as the leading partner for OEM and Dealer market by promotion of the brand philosophy and portfolio.
- Identify opportunities to generate sales and raise the profile of our products to ensure delivery against budgets and strategy.
- Build & maintain excellent relationships with customers in order to track projects to ensure recognition at an early stage and also finally specification.
- Remain commercially aware of the UK contract interior market to inform business strategy.
- Undertake key account management, ensuring interaction with all relevant stakeholders, to realise longer term business levels.
- Contribute to intelligence gathering by preparing a monthly report detailing the main activities, i.e. customer projects and leads.
- Raise the profile of the brand and highlight product benefits through delivering product training to customers in order to encourage and maximise sales.
About the Area Sales Manager
- Degree qualified e.g. Business, Economic, Interior Design, Textile Design; or equivalent experience in field sales.
- Proven experience in generating interest in products & brands and turn this interest into long-term business relationships with the target-group.
- Understanding of the office and contract furnishings industry
- Good levels of numeracy
- Good working knowledge of using Microsoft Office
- Experience of delivering training/sales presentations
- Ability to establish lasting working relationships with customers
- Friendly with excellent listening skills allowing for a consultative approach
- Strategic thinker
- Works with initiative to deliver solutions
- Passionate and client focused
- Self-driven with a results orientation
- Commercially astute
- Influencing skills with the ability to “story tell”
- Must have a valid passport and full driving licence.