Associate Director Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Our Client is a design focused architectural practice, based in central London. Although the majority of their work is within the high end residential sector, their portfolio also includes medical buildings and a plethora of very interesting community, cultural, commercial and institutional projects, always executed to the highest level of design and detailing.
They are now looking to appoint an Associate Director who will hold a key senior role in leading the architectural team to deliver multiple projects to time and budget. The position is at the same time highly operational and client facing. The ideal candidate will have strong business development and client relationship management skills, along with proven design and technical skills, allowing him/her to:
- take a very active role in marketing activities, defining the practice’s corporate strategy and securing new business.
- lead presentations.
- negotiate fees and appointments.
- agree briefs.
- take responsibility for programming work and project finances.
- manage resources and working relationships, both internally and externally, ensuring a smooth project performance.
- assist in-house teams to co-ordinate and deliver all RIBA work stages.
- provide specific technical expertise to teams during design and construction phases.
- actively provide management and contractual expertise before, during and post site operations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-10 years experience designing and delivering projects at all stages ranging from £500K to £20m at Senior Architect, Associate or Director level.
- have first-hand experience with most of the tasks listed above.
- be a good communicator.
- be proactive, independent and flexible, but also a good team player.
- have strong problem solving skills.
- have a proven track record of developing strong client relationships and management skills.
- be competent in both design and technical aspects of architecture in new-build and refurbishments.
- enjoy working in a busy and demanding environment.
There will also be the opportunity for equity/share options within the business as it grows, as well as the potential for Directorship.
Please apply online enclosing a copy of both your CV and portfolio. Alternatively contact Hedeel directly for further details or a confidential discussion.