Bid Manager for Award-Winning International Design Practice Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
An award-winning international architecture and design practice is seeking a Bid Manager to join their team in Covent Garden. This person is responsible for the smooth management of the entire global bid process, ensuring the practice delivers highly competitive, concise and compelling responses to public and private sector bids and RFP’s. Sectors of focus are education and transport.
The role is responsible for the overall strategy for receiving, assessing and evaluating bid notices and opportunities, making appropriate recommendations in liaison with sector heads. The role will also involve seeking out UK and international business opportunities via bid portals to support business development across the practice and assist in the delivery of the business development strategy.
This person will be responsible for tracking bids and providing annual feedback on the successes of these bids and advising on how the processes can be further refined. There will be the need to regularly travel between UK offices as required
* Champion, improve and manage the standard company bids and submissions process across UK and international offices;
* Manage tender sources, seek out and distribute leads to relevant sector heads;
* Assess and evaluate opportunities in line with company and sector business plans and make appropriate recommendation;
* Select appropriate bids in line with company and specific sector business plan criteria;
* Arrange and Chair bid preparation meetings
* Work closely with Global Development Team on Internationally focused opportunities;
* Work closely with the Transport and Education teams on public sector and infrastructure opportunities;
* Gain feedback on all bids – successful / unsuccessful, interrogate bid results and run post-completion bid reviews with relevant bid/sector champions to ensure continuous improvement of bid responses and high level of successful conversion / work won;
* To contribute to the annual Business Planning to advise on trends and alternative successful methods of bidding;
* Collate and maintain the bid and framework tracker
* Manage and co-ordinate the production of professional bids, submissions and RFP’s in liaison with director/associate lead, technical specialists, administrative support and graphic designer, and with external parties where necessary
* Write copy and edit others’ copy to ensure accurate responses to specific questionnaire requirements
* Create and circulate bid management schedule to bid teams to ensure everyone is aware of and adheres to the submission criteria and internal reviews
* Responsible for renewing membership of online pre-qualification websites and keeping profiles up-to-date
* Ensure all external documents conform to the brand guidelines
* Create bid report for monthly management group and board reports
* Manage project details and information in CRM database and its on-going development
This role is for someone competent and engaging, with a solid background in architecture and design. One must also have exceptional Project Management skills with experience of working to tight deadlines and dealing with large amounts of information. A marketing background is favoured but not essential.
Please apply without delay to Gabrielle Saw, Creative Support Specialist at Adrem Group.