Business Manager – Visionary London Architectural Practice Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A Visionary London Architectural Practice is Seeking a Business Manager
The practice is well known for being at the forefront of design and the Business Manager will be a central member of the senior team. It is essential that they have a solid understanding and appreciation of design. This person will be client facing and play an integral role in negotiations on fees, so they must also have strong business acumen.
The practice is highly sought after and would be a fantastic place to work for anyone who has an avid interest in architecture.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE BUSINESS MANAGER
- Creation of fee proposals, supervising bid responses and negotiations with clients
- Development of project programmes in line with RIBA stages incorporating resourcing and fees
- Identify detailed scope statements to meet client requirements / aspirations
- Review and negotiate legal contracts with a clear understanding of typical procurement routes
- Monitor and report on progress of live projects, monitor performance, costs and profitability, efficiency and additional fee claims
- Liaise with Financial Controller to ensure fee invoicing and payments are in line with agreed contractual terms
- Monitor cash flow, profitability and budget management
- Report to Directors monthly with clear concise progress and financial project reports
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE FOR THE BUSINESS MANAGER
- At least 5 years working within a similar industry
- Be an authority figure and provide expert advice and guidance on commercial and operational issues
- Excellent business acumen
- Experience working as part of the management team
- Solid understanding of the RIBA stages
Please get in touch with Gemma Naylor (creative support) if you would like to hear more about the role.