Business Operations Manager – London Architects Job
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A 50 strong, award winning architectural studio with a beautifully designed studio in central London are looking for a Business Operations Manager to ensure the efficiency and smooth running of the overall office functions. The successful candidate will be proactive in leading, overseeing and managing finance, human resources, quality assurance and all administration functions. As well as this an ongoing critical assessment of procedures and processes along with the responsibility for proposing and implementing improvements in these areas.
- Work with Management Accountant to prepare monthly accounts for presentation to the Directors and Associate Directors at management meetings.
- Cash flow reporting at Directors and Associate Directors meetings.
- Prepare Project financial reports monthly for review with Directors and Project Leaders.
- Prepare Client and Director profitability reports for review quarterly by Directors and Associate Directors.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure all information required for monthly invoicing is available. Manage the Firms expenses and expenditure, including payment to services providers, disbursements paid on behalf of clients and credit card expenses with Bookkeeper.
- Review all fee proposals prepared, give feedback and check allocated resource for profitability. Ongoing financial management of projects.
- Track all fee bids (won and lost) and scope of work for reference.
- General banking and invoice finance contact, respond to queries from bank manager as required.
- Backup for Finance Manager for invoicing and credit control in their absence.
Time/Cost Management Union Square
- Expert knowledge of document management and project financial software Union Square.
- Prepare weekly resources charts for review with Project Leaders at resources meeting, and ensure that resource requested results in profitability.
- Ensure fee earners timesheets are entered on a weekly basis and authorised by project leaders.
- Recruitment coordination both directly and with agencies (main agency contact).
- Prepare HR documentation, offer letters and contracts.
- Organise mid-year and yearly staff appraisals – coordinate follow-up actions and training programme.
- Payroll coordination with Bookkeeper monthly – starters/leavers/changes.
- Conduct staff training on Union Square.
- Pension contact and upload of monthly pension file.
- Staff absence management.
- Redundancy procedures coordination.
- Disciplinary matters administration.
- External HR and legal support coordination.
- Manage Front of House/Office Assistant, Office Manager, and Project Administrator to ensure all duties are correctly carried out, assisting with duties when necessary and providing cover in their absence.
- Update and monitor progress of the Practice Business Plan. Prepare documents for review at yearly strategy day.
- Attend Directors, Associate Directors and Associates management meetings. Taking and distributing minutes and chasing up actions. Contributing and implementing recommendations on improving the office administration support and procedures.
- Manage and update/ improve office procedures to ensure they run efficiently and effectively at all times.
- PI insurance renewal coordination, negotiation with suppliers.
- Ensure leases, Insurances are maintained up to date.
- IT external support coordination, ensure that service levels are maintained.
- Plan IT infrastructure upgrades with IT Director and coordinate installation and upgrades.
- Ensure all electronic and hard copy document filing is methodically undertaken and readily accessible.
- Manage the office premises to ensure they are clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Manage office building repairs and improvement works ensuring that works are carried out in an efficient manner with the minimum disruption to the day-to-day operation of the office.
- Manage all supplier and services provider contracts are in place and provide best value for money. Liaise with neighbours in respect of common spaces and courtyard and liaise with Landlord, as required.
Quality Assurance / Environmental Management
- Maintain the office Integrated Management System and ensure that registration in maintained for ISO9001 and ISO14001 certifications.
- Assist in constant improvement of office procedures.
- Liaise with management in achieving compliance with Quality Assurance and office procedures. Assist in the improvement of the office environmental initiatives.
- Develop and implement procedures to track and fulfil environmental targets set in the Environmental Management system. Internal auditing and management representative for yearly external audits.
- Coordination of management review meetings twice yearly.
- Client feedback gathering and analysis (marketing/QA).
- CSR representative with Heart of the City and other corporate social responsibility organisations. Preparation of RIBA benchmarking report and AJ100 award entries.