CAD Technician – Product / Furniture Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- 3DS Max, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino
- Job Reference:
CAD Technician – Product / Furniture Designer / London / £20k – £25k / Permanent
Skills: Furniture, Product Design, Rhino, Vray, Maxwell, Corona, Keyshot, CAD, Interior, Art, Installation.
A leading studio in Contemporary Design and Art are looking to grow their team and are looking for a talented junior designer. The studio is well known for their ability to translate their creativity into simple yet emotionally engaging furniture and product design. Their work is regularly praised in the design press and is sought after by discerning collectors and furniture producers, their products have been the recipients of some of the most prestigious design awards, including the Red Dot Design Award and The Arts Foundation Furniture Design Fellowship. Studio is based in London.
THE CAD / FURNITURE DESIGNER JOB
- Producing technical drawings, sketches, models and documents specifying the fabrication of furniture pieces.
- Develop designs from ideation/sketching to presentation ready renders and models.
- To liaise with suppliers and manufacturers, assisting with the construction and development of a project.
- Assist in the production of high quality bespoke furniture.
- Photoshop / Image retouching.
- Assist in the smooth running of the workshop.
- Maintain relationships with industry professionals.
ABOUT THE CAD/FURNITURE DESIGNER
- Ideally a background in furniture design.
- Understanding of manufacturing process and well-crafted products.
- High energy and passion to learn.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- Confident in rendering software – Keyshot, Vray, Maxwell, Corona
- Wide knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Good prototyping / model-making skills
- Desirable knowledge of 3DS Max , ZBRUSH