CMD / CMF Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
CMD / CMF Designer / London / £35k – £45k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: CMF Designer, Industrial Design, Product Design, Colour, Material, Finish, Designer, Consumer Electronics, Consumer Products, Transport, FMCG, Packaging, Furniture, Manufacturing, Research.
This is an exciting and career defining opportunity to join one of the most exciting design consultancies around. This multi-disciplinary creative agency, designing products and experiences for some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies has an opportunity for a creative, ambitious and highly motivated CMF Designer.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for leading and inspiring project teams through the creation, development and refinement of compelling CMF design solutions. You will be working on a range of projects at once, drawing on the talents of a passionate and highly driven team of designers across a broad range of disciplines, such as transport, consumer electronics, domestic/home appliances, furniture, packaging and FMCG.
THE CMD/CMF DESIGNER JOB
- Taking a lead role in the CMF development of projects, from concept to execution and implementation, providing direction to client and suppliers, whilst collaborating with the ID team to establish and achieve the overall design intent.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
- Handle day-to-day contact with suppliers and clients, and work closely to understand their business needs, and the requirements for each specific project, helping to define strategy and content as required.
- Translate client requests and business requirements into specification and tangible results, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
- Take a strategic approach to tactical requests, to allow for future product variations and building of brand equity.
- Plan, create and articulate CMF presentations.
- Lead the development of trend based research and foresight.
- Develop and manage the maintenance of the knowledge base with regards to colour, material, finishes and processes.
- Further develop and implement best-practice templates, tools and processes for establishing, documenting and sharing CMF specification.
- Pro-actively maintaining and growing the materials library by establishing supplier relationships, acquiring and/or creating samples, cataloguing and organising.
ABOUT THE CMD/CMF DESIGNER
- BA/BSc in Product or Industrial Design.
- Proven industry knowledge and experience in CMD/CMF. Ideally from another design agency.
- Keen eye for colour and material trends.
- Passion for materials and new technology.
- Thorough understanding of design and production processes.
- Excellent visual and written communication skills with great organisational skills.
- Knowledge of 2D & 3D design software.