An award-winning design studio working on projects ranging from architecture to industrial, lighting, interactive design and commercial artworks are seeking a dynamic Communications Manager to join their tight knit team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a design agency in its early stages and be a part of something that is going to grow and develop. They specialise in sculptural, futuristic and organically-inspired multi-disciplinary design.
The role will cover all activity related to media coverage, liaison and management – including social media, print and digital press, and media-related events.
We are looking for someone who has robust knowledge of the architecture/design press, substantial experience dealing with PR professionals and journalists, and a sound track-record of delivering captivating social media content.
Main responsibilities will include:
- producing copy for project descriptions, press releases, social media, newsletters, award submissions, and media pitches
- crafting press strategies both on a studio-wide level, and on a project-by-project basis
- crafting social media strategies with measurable audience-reaching goals
- building and up-keep of a strong, wide-reaching press contacts database
- maintaining good relationships with all press contacts and managing media liaison in a timely manner
- identifying public relations opportunities for the studio’s director and senior designers
- keeping on top of industry award submission dates, identifying projects to enter, and putting together strong submissions
- maintaining up-to-date press packs for each of the studio’s projects, including text descriptions, press-ready drawings, and adequate photographs or visualisations
- maintaining and updating the studio’s digital and physical press archive
- conducting market research with a view to grow media and networking opportunities for the studio
Your skills should include:
- two+ years working in a similar role within an architectural, design or agency practice
- excellent written and communication skills
- outgoing and confident
- strong collaborative skills
- ability to work with a remote team
- ability to deliver results against multiple deadlines across numerous projects
- ability to keep on top of current design trends and movements
- good knowledge of Adobe Suite software – specifically InDesign
- keen interest in architecture and design
Please get in touch to hear more about the role!