Creative Design Manager For Global Developer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced construction industry professional to join a leading global retail developer as creative design manager. The successful candidate must have significant experience delivering high profile complex schemes in the UK. You will be responsible for co-ordination and management of all consultants from detail design through to tender and onto site and must have extensive technical knowledge with the ability to review drawings quickly and identify any potential issues and instruct teams in order to remedy all potential construction challenges.
You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership skill and must be supremely confident and competent in delivering large scale schemes and will responsible for all aspects of design delivery across all disciplines.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work with the Design Team on on-going project work as required by the Director of Design.
- Develop with the Director of Design a shortlist for appropriate design consultancies (project specific), formulate the brief and obtain fee proposals.
- Develop and manage production of scheme designs and criteria for interior specific design related elements in conjunction with the Concept Designer, ensuring works are to programme and budget.
- Develop and manage the production of presentation sketches & relevant technical specifications, details and finishes for approvals and costings.
- Manage effectively to ensure construction budgetary requirements are met and design criteria and scheme design intent are successfully achieved.
- Follow through to ensure design detailing is executed through to construction.
- Compile and manage concept design specifications and furniture schedules. Follow through the integration of this through design to construction.
- Inspect sites to check progress and completion of construction to ensure that standards are achieved.
This is an exciting opportunity to take an eminent degree of responsibility with a leading developer where you will be solely responsible for projects with values in excess of £100 million. This studio, offer a highly competitive packages with benefits that are the amongst the best in the industry and the role represents the pinnacle of design management which will offer the most ambitious and capable candidate the ultimate and most rewarding challenge.
Large scale retail experience in preferred although not essential.
For a confidential discussion contact David at Ascent.