Creative Lead – Industrial Design Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Creative Lead – Industrial Design / London / £Negotiable Depending on Experience / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Consumer Products, Consumer Electronics, Sketching, Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot, Trends.
This is an exciting and career defining opportunity to join one of the most exciting design consultancies right now. This multi-disciplinary creative agency, designing products and experiences for some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies has an opportunity for a creative, ambitious and highly motivated Creative Lead.
Suitable applicants must have at least 5 years’ experience, preferably some gained within a multi-disciplinary agency as well as having a portfolio of amazing work and proven experience of leading teams, solving problems and managing client relationships. You will be working from their London based studio within a team of passionate and highly driven designers across a broad range of product disciplines, from consumer electronics, domestic/home appliances furniture, packaging and FMCG. All of which are cantered around creating compelling and innovative solutions and user experiences.
THE CREATIVE LEAD JOB
- Work with Associate Directors to deliver the creative vision, ensuring project outputs meet the high standards of the studio.
- Lead projects, their strategy, and work in progress, ensuring deliverables meet the requirement of the brief.
- Bring fresh and innovative design ideas, providing meaningful design insight to enhance overall project quality.
- Propose and evolve compelling product concepts. Create and communicate compelling strategic product direction.
- Taking ideas from initial ideation and modelling high quality renders to convey your concepts to the wider team and clients.
- Define content for proposals when necessary.
- Build professional relationships with clients and suppliers, acting as point of contact for multiple clients projects, understanding their needs and business process.
- Facilitate internal and client-facing strategic and creative workshops.
- Mentor and support more junior members of the team.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE LEAD DESIGNER
- A strong degree in Product Design / Industrial Design from a top university is essential.
- Exceptional portfolio showing all levels of design process, with fluent/confident hand sketching skills and a clear project narrative.
- Captivating presentation and communication skills.
- A portfolio that shows a breath of category experience.
- Self-motivated, energetic and inspiring member of the team. Lead on projects as well as client interaction.
- A positive and proactive approach.