Creative Services Manager for Creative Design Agency Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A multidisciplinary creative design agency is looking for an experienced Creative Services Manager. Working with internal teams, the aim is to ensure that creative work executed by the design resources is managed effectively and efficiently. Knowledge and experience of the design agency is essential.
- Allocating and planning all required work across the design team
- Liaising between our account management, production and digital teams to ensure the best allocation of resources based on deadlines, skills and budget
- Matching individuals to appropriate tasks based on their skills, strengths and required development
- Optimizing the use of the permanent design resource and supplementing any shortfall with freelance resource
- Running a weekly work allocation programme including gathering resource requirements and managing any required status meetings
- Creating a long-term resource plan and helping to evolve the most effective and robust workflow system
- Managing freelance requirements, including recruitment, to help build a talent pool of specialised expertise
- Working closely with the senior members of the creative team to identify recruitment needs and help shape the team according to shifting long-term and short-term requirements
- Facilitating the ability of the design studio to deliver projects on time
- Monitoring utilization data and time sheets to track where the shape of the resource needs adapting to achieve the optimum studio model
- Identifying opportunities for training and skills development within the team
- Managing other design studio logistics – seating plans, liaising with IT on requirements, holiday, sickness cover etc.
- Supervising freelance and contract staff – Liaising with our finance team on recruitment administration and expenses
- Helping to build a database of preferred third-party specialists across creative services such as print, illustration, photography and copywriting
Day to day:
You will work with all members of the design team including the Design Directors and 2D/3D/digital designers. You will also liaise closely with the account management, production and IT teams. You will be highly collaborative, working with individuals and teams at all levels in the agency. And be equally motivated working alone. You will also represent the agency with external suppliers in particular with recruitment agencies and potential freelance and permanent candidates.
At least 5 years’ experience managing a busy creative studio for a large multi-discipline agency. Good understanding of the design process through time spent within a creatively driven studio.