Creative Technologist / Electronic Engineer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
Creative Technologist / London / £30k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Computer Science, Electronic Design, Mechatronics, Systems, GUI, C++, PCB, Architecture, Prototyping,
A world renowned multi-disciplinary team of architects, designers, engineers and fabricators are looking for a highly Creative Technologist. Due to recent growth they are looking for someone that will work closely with the design team, generating electronic and software solutions to design briefs and contribute to the creative sessions. This role requires a highly experimental approach, with a certain amount of tinkering and problem solving. Helping to bring to life design ideas, producing various interactive artworks, installations and exhibitions.
THE CREATIVE TECHNOLOGIST ROLE
- Start to finish electronics design, system design, prototyping, schematic, board layout, connections, system wiring, safety and test procedures.
- Leading GUI programming (C++) and firmware (AVR/PIC)
- Working with serial communications (RS485/RS422/DMX)
- Working with human interface sensors (inertial, capacitive, optical, thermal etc.)
- Creating very fast turnaround prototypes.
- A wizard at debugging, and able to come up with solutions to complex problems quickly.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team with the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Liaise with clients.
- Hands on and a dab-hand at surface mount rework. Hand soldering (TSSOP or 0603)
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TECHNOLOGIST
- Educated with a relevant degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience.
- A flexible and creative approach to problems.