Design Director Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
One of the most acclaimed design practices is seeking a Creative Interior Design Director to steer the future of their global hospitality image and interior design presence at an international level. The firm boasts 15 offices globally, and has an extensive history of delivering cutting-edge architecture and design.
This position has the flexibility of being based in either Singapore, Hong Kong or London, but the individual must be willing to travel extensively. This is an excellent opportunity to exercise significant influence on the firms image across the globe. The ideal candidate will be a standout designer with extensive hospitality experience with a panache for high-end contemporary design across both luxury boutique and corporate sectors.
The Creative Director’s role will be to assume ownership, responsibility and accountability for the delivery of all creative design aspects on all projects.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Project Direction and Running: Lead creative pitches presentations & design submissions for potential new projects. Act as creative lead with clients to develop the brief, develop concepts & deliver interim presentations at each stage of the project. Ensuring the successful delivery of projects to time, cost and quality requirements
- Business Development: Establishing and maintaining close relationships with clients to win new and repeat business. There is great potential within this role for building more effective relationships with global clients.
- Managing and Mentoring People: Effective leadership, motivation and growth of the team. Encourage and channel appropriate creative thinking across all aspects of the business, actively engendering a culture of collaboration.
The right person will be:
- An Interior Designer or Interior Architect with 15 + years broad ranging experience in high end contemporary interior design across both luxury boutique and corporate sectors
- High level creative & design leadership skills
- People management/coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent client facing skills, with highly polished presentation & new business pitching abilities.
- A perceptive manner with natural diplomacy, able to influence and persuade with credibility
- Highly presentable in order to gain trust and respect
- Based in London, Hong Kong or Singapore with the flexibility to travel
If you are interested in finding out more about this Creative Director role, please get in touch with Steve Rimmer or apply online.
Please ensure you send both your CV & portfolio when applying for this job.