Design Engineer Job
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Design Engineer / London / £45k-£55k / Permanent
Skills: Engineering, Design, Product, Consumer Electronics, Domestic Appliances, Strategy, Innovation
Renowned leaders of consumer electronics are looking for a dynamic new leader to join their Insight and Innovation team as a Design Engineer. The team pledge to create and deliver quality products and services that enhance convenience and foster smarter lifestyles for its customers around the world. Can you imagine yourself working as an innovator within a team that is passionate about driving advancements in technology? If so, then they are looking for someone who has at least 4+ years’ experience, a positive ‘can do’ attitude and an aptitude for experimenting with new ways of working, technologies and materials.
THE DESIGN ENGINEER JOB
- To support innovation projects from inception to completion on time and within budget to the satisfaction of internal stakeholders.
- Understand competitive landscapes, market and consumer trends and work with colleagues to generate market driven concepts.
- To bring your engineering specialism to bear on your colleagues’ projects and effectively engage the business analytics, concept development and research capabilities of colleagues on to projects.
- To develop techniques to test product concepts from innovation process in as ‘real world’ a way as possible in order to create compelling business solutions.
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities.
- Actively participate in creative workshops and ideation sessions.
- To support the team in the proposing, winning and managing of innovation projects.
ABOUT THE DESIGN ENGINEER
- Have a degree in Engineering or Design Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience in product engineering and/or consulting.
- Experience working with manufactures.
- Strong 2D and 3D knowledge required.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Extra European languages would be welcomed.
- Track record of developing new techniques and process.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of the consumer electronics market.
- Experience of full NCD (new concept development) process would be advantageous.