Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- AutoCAD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer / London / £30k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Interactive, Lighting, Manufacturing, Architecture, Prototyping, DFM, Modelling, Arduino, Project Management, Sketching
A world renowned multi-disciplinary team of architects, designers, engineers and fabricators are looking for a highly creative Design Engineer. The successful candidate will work closely with the production team, contributing to the creative design process and well as providing mechanical and technical solutions to design problems. This role requires a highly experimental approach, with a strong emphasis on technology and you will be able to translate design ideas in to engineered solutions, producing various interactive artworks, installations and exhibitions.
THE DESIGN ENGINEER ROLE
- Produce 2D/3D drawings and 3D models suited for manufacture.
- Execute the modelling of specials components.
- The role will require a wide experience of manufacturing processes with a variety of different materials.
- Proven ability to create very fast turnaround mock ups and prototypes.
- Plenty of hands-on experience in the in-house workshop and testing area.
- Generating original, innovative ideas.
- Hands-on experience, carpentry and metalworking skills.
- Liaising with manufactures and clients.
- Strong solid and surface modelling skills.
ABOUT THE DESIGN ENGINEER
- Educated with a relevant degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience.
- Project Management experience, idea conceptualisation through to delivery.
- Skills required in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Hand Sketching Skills.
- Experience of Lighting, mechatronics interactive artworks and exhibitions.
- Electronics experience, Arduino and processing sketching.
- Good communication skills and experience of dealing with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Experience of working in film, art, event production, advertising or fabrication.