Senior Design Management Lead For Global Retail Developer Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced construction industry professional to join a leading global retail developer as senior design manager. The successful candidate could come from a range of backgrounds and may be an Architect, engineer, QS or similar and must have significant construction focused experience, delivering high profile complex schemes in the UK.
You will be responsible for co-ordination and management of all consultants from detail design to delivery on site and must have extensive technical knowledge with the ability to review drawings quickly and identify any potential issues and instruct teams in order to remedy all potential construction challenges. You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership skill and must be supremely confident and competent in delivering large scale schemes and will responsible for all aspects of design delivery across all disciplines.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain design budgets, fees, cost control for a single major project
- Ensure that all Design deliverables are constantly reviewed to maintain budgetary and program control
- Establish (in consultation with other Westfield departments) appropriate controls and programmes respecting design, procurement and construction restraints and milestones
- Oversee a team of designers & design managers to establish practical working arrangements with external consultants, planning control and building regulation authorities, prospective tenants (and their consultants) third parties and other investors/owners, to enable Westfield to meet the project objectives
- Control of Consultants appointments and their performance
- Lead and manage team through effective recruitment, training, performance review in order to maximise productivity
- Establish, Implement and control design procedures for the Project
- Ensure design duties under a package based Design and Construction Contract are carried out and establish consistent levels of communication with development executives, project managers, leasing executives and other Westfield departments
- Take part in continuous value engineering and buildability procedures, evaluation of design options with consultants and the project construction team top achieve optimum time and cost objectives
- Manage the design & coordination work which takes place on site and within Consultants offices
- Manage the production & implementation of design construction-issue packages
- Ensure compliance with owners design and construction requirements
- Manage Westfield internal/external presentations and sign-offs (by Owners, Local Authorities)
- Implement and maintain procedures for change control, RFIs and Owner-originated Instructions
- Ensure provision of as-built documentation and OMMs
- Maintain contemporary understanding of technical and documentation developments in the industry
- Establish and maintain high professional standards applicable to all duties carried out by the Design Team
- Delivery of Project Design services within a Design and Construction contract
- Overall control of Design information, budgets, consultants, design changes and client approval procedures
This is an exciting opportunity to take an eminent degree of responsibility with a leading developer where you will be solely responsible for projects with values in excess of £100 million. This studio, offer a highly competitive packages with benefits that are the amongst the best in the industry and the role represents the pinnacle of design management which will offer the most ambitious and capable candidate the ultimate and most rewarding challenge.
Large scale retail experience in preferred although not essential.
For a confidential discussion contact David on the Ascent team.