My client is one of the world’s leading houseware brands with a global presence spanning over 100 countries, available in major department stores worldwide.
They identify everyday problems and solve them through intelligent design to create distinctive, functional products that are a pleasure to own and use.
They are looking for a talented Product Designer with a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Product team where you will be tasked with finding opportunities that lead to generation of disruptive ‘big ideas’. You will have ownership of a category overseeing products through the entire design process. Liaising regularly with designers and suppliers this unique role will see you manage multiple fast-paced projects launching into a global marketplace.
The successful candidate must have:
- An undergraduate (or masters) degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or related course.
- A minimum of three years experience creating bold inventive ideas.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- The ability to challenge conventional thinking, whilst keeping ideas commercial.
- An excellent knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Experience working with factories, ideally in the Far East.
- A good understanding of brand, consumer and retail requirements.
- A portfolio showing an inventive nature developing insights into market ready products.
- Good working knowledge of design applications such as, Adobe CS, Solidworks and KeyShot.
- An ability to organise time effectively whilst working on multiple projects under pressure.
- Good project management skills and an enthusiastic ‘hands-on’ approach.
The successful candidate should also have:
- A passion for product design.
- A creative thought process with a self-motivated drive to create ‘big ideas’.
- An entrepreneurial approach happy to get involved in all aspects of the process.
- A highly organised mindset, comfortable working to a tight critical path.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly to senior teams.
- No problems listening to direction and learning quickly.
- An adaptable and dependable character with the ability to easily engage with others.