Designer – 3D CAD/Alias Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- 3DS Max, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, V-Ray
- Job Reference:
Designer – 3D CAD/Alias / London / £38k+ / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Consumer Products, Sketching, Alias, Keyshot, 3DS Max, V-ray, Cinema 4D.
This is an exciting and truly career defining opportunity to join one of the most exciting design consultancies in London. This multi-disciplinary creative agency, designing products and experiences for some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies has an opportunity for a creative, ambitious and highly motivated Designer with exception Alias skills.
Suitable applicants must have an enviable portfolio showcasing their ability to translate and develop concepts and produce outstanding a-class models.
You will be working within a team of passionate and highly driven designers across a broad range of product disciplines, from consumer electronics, domestic/home appliances, furniture, packaging and FMCG.
THE DESIGNER JOB
- Work with Associate Directors to deliver the creative vision, ensuring project outputs meet the high standards of the studio.
- Bring fresh and innovative design ideas, providing meaningful design insight to enhance overall project quality.
- Translate and generate concept sketches in to compelling 3D models.
- Contribute to all stages of the design development process, from concept modelling, design detailing and producing accurate 3D data for model making and visualisations.
- Follow latest visual trends, materials and production processes.
- Ability to work across a diverse range of industries and mediums.
- Flex between 3D CAD Alias builds to strong, self-art-directed visualisation and can input on sketch conception activities.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
- A strong degree in Product Design / Industrial Design from a top university is essential.
- Exceptional portfolio showing advanced Alias skills with a good eye for proportions, sculpture and detail.
- Knowledge of creating high quality surfaces.
- Experience working with technical packages.
- Strong but rapid visualisation, preferably Keyshot.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and comfortable working within tight deadlines.
- Skills that would also be advantageous are rendering and animation in 3DS Max with V-Ray or Cinema 4D, as well as polygon modelling and after affects skills.