Document Controller for Architectural Practice Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- ACONEX, Asite
- Job Reference:
An award-winning London based architectural firm is looking for an experienced document controller to join their team for a 6 and a half month fixed-term contract. The position is full-time to start ASAP. The document controller will work on a wide range of project types with construction values from £10 million to £250 million, including redevelopment of historic buildings and large scale new build projects.
The role involves supporting multiple project teams with their document management requirements including:
- Managing the work flow of project documents using Electronic Document Management Systems such as Fusion, Asite, Aconex, Viewpoint and Conject.
- Assisting teams with maintaining issue sheets, document registers and project correspondence.
- Assisting with maintenance of Project Quality Plans.
- Assisting with maintenance of hard copy project records.
- Assisting with project Quality Management System requirements.
Maintaining a clear and open dialogue with the project teams to understand programmes, workload and deadlines is essential.
The role also involves some reception duties when required so good communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be pro-active, flexible and capable of working independently.
- Have good IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Have had previous document controller experience.
- Have good communication and customer service skills.