Document Controller / Project Administrator for Urban Planners Job
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A large urban planning and architectural practice based in Central London are looking for an experienced Document Controller / Project Administrator to join their team. The practice is known to be great employers offering good work life balance and a collaborative team environment where your input is valued weather you are an assistant or an associate. The practice is award winning and are well respected within the design industry producing high profile projects globally. This role encompasses document control for a large masterplan but also involves keeping a complex meeting schedule up to date, some admin support for a Partner and relevant Directors on the project as well as some InDesign work.
- To be aware of the document control protocols as set out by the client and ensure that these are followed by the teams (in house training will be provided).
- To assist the teams in assigning document numbers to files (documents, drawings and references) using the correct protocol.
- Reviewing all documents to be issued, to check all required information is present and compliant with the numbering system. Alert design team members of any corrections required, and time frame for correction and issue to meet scheduled deadlines.
- To assist the teams with issuing documents externally. For digital files, this will include use of extranet systems, ftp sites and email. For non-digital items, this will include organising couriers and postage.
- To track all documents issued by the project team.
- To maintain an accurate issue record for all projects.
- To track all incoming documents for the relevant projects.
- Print, stamp and file drawings and documents as required by the teams.
- Working alongside the document controllers of external parties, and being a point of contact for document control queries both internally and externally.
- To work alongside the team CAD Co-ordinators and IT department assisting where necessary to ensure that both teams are working to the correct CAD protocols.
- Research and retrieve documents, both manually and electronically.
To assist with general team requirements as necessary. This may include:
- Printing, scanning and copying.
- Filing and archiving (digital and paper).
- Organising couriers.
- Diary management.
- Assisting with the creation of presentations and programmes.
- Updating intranet information.
- Updating project directories.
- Drafting/formatting correspondence, memos, minutes, reports, schedules and emails.
- Covering PA duties such as answering telephone calls, diary management and emails when necessary.
It is essential you are confident using Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience using extranet syetems (4projects, MS Project, Conject, Aconex) and Indesign are desirable.