Electrical Engineer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Senior Electrical Engineer / London / £45k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Electrical Engineer, Product Design, Industrial Design, PCB, Hardware/Software, Internet of Things, Consumer Products, Consumer Electronics, Cycling
We currently have an amazing and career defining opportunity to join one of London’s most impressive start ups. You will join a multidisciplinary team of passionate individuals who are on a mission to upgrade urban cycling. Building on a highly successful, high profile flagship product, that aims to tackle arguably the biggest problem for city cyclists, you will be joining a growing team that deliver innovative and clever solutions, a team that has big ambitions, strong ethics, and the drive to really make a difference in the industry.
They are going through an exciting period of growth and currently looking to recruit an exceptional electronics engineer with extensive product development experience. The successful candidate will be challenged with a broad range of complex technical challenges, so your analogue and digital hardware design skills will need to be excellent
THE SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER JOB
- Develop specifications and test documents for electronic and electromechanical products.
- Develop architectural designs, including hardware/software partitioning.
- Undertake design feasibility studies and investigations, identifying and evaluating new technologies.
- Develop analogue and digital electronic circuit schematic designs, and then manage and oversee the generation of PCB designs.
- Manage prototype manufacture, testing, design refinements, then manufacturing liaison.
- Contribute to planning projects, defining tasks, and estimating their durations and work content.
- Manage the electronics work packages in projects, monitoring and controlling performance against deadlines and budgets.
- Potentially work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Written reports, quotations and other documents will need to be produced accurately and in a well-written and well-presented form.
ABOUT THE SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
- A broad-based electronic engineering honours degree from a well-established university with a strong electronics reputation.
- At least five years’ experience working as a hardware design engineer.
- Strong proven ability in electronic design with a broad range of analogue and digital electronics design experience.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. You will need to communicate confidently and persuasively.
- An ability to assimilate new knowledge and information, and to learn and use new skills. A willingness to learn and try new things that you may have previously considered out of your field.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Experience of planning and managing a project team.
- The ability to accurately plan the electronics development portion of projects, estimating development costs and timescales as well as final product costs.
- The ability to operate well under time deadlines and within budget.