Product / Industrial Designer
My Client, one of the largest marketing companies in the World is seeking a Product Designer for their London based Studio.
They are currently expanding their Team and are seeking a Product/ Industrial Designer with a minimum of 4 years Post Graduate Industry Experience.
Working in partnership with some of the world’s biggest brands on multiple turn-key projects. This is a fast-paced role with wide exposure the ability to work autonomously while under the overall supervision of the Lead Designer.
My Client is seeking someone who is a highly skilled design professional to fill this very rewarding role. Design Briefs are varied, from single pieces to entire product ranges, across multiple materials and activation channels; an excellent knowledge of a wide range of materials and processes are essential. You must be able to demonstrate this clearly within your portfolio but also be confident to discuss your portfolio and the process undertaken to reach your desired outcome.
You will be expected to rapidly produce innovative ideas and develop these into fully resolved, production-ready designs.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- User-centred and brand-focused design thinking.
- Experience of producing designs with a clear path to market.
- Excellent specialist knowledge and experience of specific materials and production processes- must be able to demonstrate this.
- Good general knowledge of multiple materials and production processes.
- High proficiency at Solidworks to production level.
- Excellent design communication skills, through sketching, written word and spoken presentation.
- Rendering/animating with Studio Max/V-Ray beneficial.
- Core Adobe Suite skills.
Main duties/responsibilities: Product Designer
- Understanding the client brief and converting this into a creative proposal.
- Producing innovative concepts in-line with creative proposal, feasible for production/ manufacture.
- Develop chosen concept into a final design, ready for prototype and production.
- Consultations with Account Handlers/ Suppliers to bring the design to reality.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders throughout.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Results-driven, with excellent prioritisation of workload and deadlines.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail especially regarding feasibility for production.
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative.
- Excellent team player and collaborative approach to work.
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate others.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.
Full rights to work within the UK without sponsorship, ideally British Citizen or EU Passport Holder.
Comprehensive Portfolio – This must demonstrate clear process, final product imagery is not acceptable.
Evidence of Design for Manufacture.