Finance / Admin Assistant for Creative Design Practice in EC1 Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
An international Architecture practice is looking for a Finance / Admin Assistant to join them in their East London Studio. The ideal candidate will have at least basic understanding of “double entry”, and will be someone who has an interest in developing their career in Finance. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person who is looking for an entry finance / accounting role who would like to work in a creative environment.
There will be some administrative responsibilities in this role such as assisting with studio coordination; answering phones, greeting visitors into the office, managing meeting rooms, upkeep of the studio and other ad hoc duties. However, the company are busy and are growing and over time this role will become 100% finance focused.
- Prepare, code and enter all purchase and expense invoices into Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Assist with Bank Reconciliations
- Assist with organising weekly payments run
- Petty cash and company debit cards Control and entry into AX
- Point of contact for various key suppliers
- Organising and managing staff travel and expenses
- Assisting with month end processes, to ensure all invoices have been received and posted on AX
- Ad-hoc duties as required in a busy accounts department
KEY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic double entry bookkeeping skills are essential,
- Preferably already studying or be willing to study towards gaining AAT or other accounting qualification
- Advanced MS Suite Excel and Outlook skills essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic AX preferably but not essential as training will be provided
- Excellent attention to detail, a passion for numbers and first time accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and perform duties under limited supervision
- Proven professional experience within a creative environment desirable
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A professional and caring/accommodating demeanour
- Ability to check and correct written material for spelling and grammatical accuracy
- Good time management skills
If this sounds like you, please apply without delay.