Furniture Project Manager Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Mid-Level
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino
- Job Reference:
Furniture Project Manager / London / £30k – £35k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Furniture, Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Rhino, Keyshot, CAD, Interior, Art, Installation, Production.
A leading furniture and interior product design studio is currently going through an exciting period of growth and their team are currently in need of a talented Furniture Project Manager. You must have technical knowledge of furniture construction and project management skills to join this furniture design/production team.
The role will involve the development and management of high quality limited edition/ bespoke furniture and interior products. Overseeing all stages of the design from development drawings, model making, quoting stages to the project management of the final fabrication and finishing of the pieces.
The applicant should have prior experience in the production of high end/luxury furniture of various materials and finishes.
THE FURNITURE PROJECT MANAGER JOB
- Ability to multitask, and project manage the production of numerous limited edition / bespoke furniture pieces, of different scales and numbers.
- Working to develop samples and presentational templates for the sales department of the gallery.
- Interpreting sketches and drawings from artists into technical designs and working models and prototypes.
- Ability to oversee the quoting stages of various projects to produce production sheets and production schedules for upper management to understand the cost and lead time of the new and ongoing pieces.
- Liaising with other departments, eg marketing, logistics, and sales, and presenting results to management.
- Planning work schedules: checking and coordinating fabrication timescales, resources, and production information for promotion and marketing.
- Organising international and domestic transport and delivery of furniture and sculptures.
- Preparing care instructions and installation instructions for a wide range of projects.
- Experience in furniture quality control – to be responsible for the condition checks and quality control of pieces and all necessary administration work surrounding the condition of the pieces.
ABOUT THE FURNITURE PROJECT MANAGER
- Educated in product and/or furniture design.
- Excellent communication skills are also of the utmost importance.
- Be computer literate with experience in 2D and 3D CAD skills (Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience in a similar role with knowledge of a variety of fabrication and finishing techniques.
- Fluency in English is a must, a knowledge of other languages would be beneficial (French, Italian)