General Manager – Bespoke Furniture Company Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A design led furniture company that conceives and creates meaningful pieces of furniture for discerning clients is seeking a General Manager. They are London-based, but have a global outlook, embracing contrasts and celebrating differences, bringing together carefully curated and beautifully crafted collections that make people’s lives richer.
The CEO will be on maternity leave from May to January 2018 and is looking for someone to act as General Manager whilst she is on maternity leave.
They are looking for an experienced General Manager who has a real passion for delivering the highest levels of service. The role of the General Manager is to effectively manage the company’s operations in order to maximise sales and minimise costs working within pre-set targets while maintaining an enjoyable and professional working environment.
The General Manager will project manage the existing Strategic Action Plan with the team, in order to ensure that the company are on time and within budget. You will be expected to make day to day operational and financial decisions based on the current plan and budget. You will report progress updates and relay any strategic decisions which need to be made onto the CEO, executing these accordingly. You will be expected to attend and in some cases manage the agenda for the monthly team meetings.
- Project manage and monitor the Strategic Plan – assess and set deliverables, within budget
- Oversee costs and overheads on all factors affecting the profitability and performance of the company – approve weekly payments, in line with budget.
- Monitor Budget and Financial Forecast – work with administrator to ensure all costs are within budget and financial consultant to ensure that accounts are up to date.
- Manage and lead the day to day activities of all staff (creative, production, logistics, PR and Marketing, sales and administration) in order to achieve financial targets.
- Act as central hub for communication – receive regular team updates against strategic plans. Ensure that team are informed of changes to action plan where necessary, update strategic plan and actions accordingly.
- Ensure that the team have all resources necessary (and within budget) in order to achieve targeted revenue.
- Monitor KPI’s
- Work with team to ensure customers are receiving the best possible customer service experience – from quote through to delivery and after sales.
- Reports: Ensure weekly and monthly reports are delivered by team.
- Ensure that team are working within set guidelines, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Attend and schedule weekly and monthly meetings.
- Report progress to CEO
Applications are invited from candidates with experience within the creative and commercial industries. You will have strong commercial awareness, possess the communication and presentation skills to liaise at every level, both internally and externally. You will have solid negotiation skills, be self-managing and driven and be highly personable.