Head of Finance – Heatherwick Studio Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a very involved role as part of a dynamic leadership team in an innovative, creative environment.
Studio Profile: Established by Thomas Heatherwick in 1994, Heatherwick Studio is recognised for its work in architecture, urban infrastructure, sculpture, design and strategic thinking. Today a team of 180, including architects, designers and makers, work from a combined studio and workshop in King’s Cross, London.
Role Summary: The Head of Finance has overall responsibility for the studio and projects’ financial efficiency and health. As a member of the studio Leadership Team, they will contribute to overall strategic and operational decision making for the studio as a whole. Reporting to the Studio Director, the Head of Finance will lead a team of three and take responsibility for their performance and professional development.
The Head of Finance will have responsibilities including:
* Being responsible for the overall financial management of the practice.
* Monitoring and developing overall studio financial performance.
* All aspects of cash management.
* Ensuring the studio has robust, compliant financial systems.
* Leading, coaching and developing the finance team with a proactive and hands on approach.
* Building a high level of credibility and strong working relationships with external parties.
Overview of Responsibilities. This role will:
* Prepare and agree budgets for implementation by Domain and Project leaders, ensuring annual budgeting process is robust, well understood and executed by teams.
* Monitor and Report – devise and implement a regular reporting system.
* Oversee management accounts, monthly reports to Studio Director, client reports as required, and submissions for statutory obligations (audit, VAT, corporation tax etc.)
* Provide regular reports on the financial performance of all projects and ensuring jobs are delivered to budget and schedule. Analyse and interrogate the financial reports providing advice and direction.
* Provide strategic reporting and analysis on financial performance trends on a regular basis.
* Prepare and report monthly and quarterly results, highlighting variations.
* Oversee the team and ensure effective running of purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, bank account administration, cash management, and an effective credit control process.
* Oversee the preparation of monthly accounts.
* Design recommendations and policies regarding the studio’s financial management.
* Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities.
* Act as a key contact to external auditors.
This role demands an agile thinker, someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and has strong commercial acumen. You will be able to demonstrate your achievements clearly through your career to date, have a flare for commercial and strategic thinking and have first class ability to use complex data to assist decision making.
* Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
* At least five years professional experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, commercial company.
* Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
* Exceptional communication and influencing skills.
* Energised by working in a fast paced changing business.
* Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
* Proven ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
* High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
* Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Adrem Group are the recruitment partners of Heatherwick Studio. Heatherwick Studio will not accept any direct applications. All CVs and enquiries for this position must be sent to Gabrielle Saw, Associate at Adrem Group. Please contact Adrem for more details on the role.