High-end Residential Interior Designer/ Project Resourcer Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Manager, Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
A distinctive London based international luxury interior design practice who have built up a reputation of creating interiors that are elegant, dynamic and infused with passion and creativity, are looking for an experienced Residential Interior Designer/ Project Resourcer to join their talented and friendly team.
Overview of the Residential Interior Designer/ Project Resourcer Role:
– Forward plan to ensure the best use of design resources
– Manage the smooth running of workloads and be the first point of contact for addressing workload issues. Provide weekly overview of project status to Functional Heads.
– Coordinate and run project set up meetings
– Regularly review projects with Project Leaders to monitor programme, check team timesheets and financials against budgets
– Manage scheduling and organization of training of design team, initiating programmes and upgrade skill levels.
– Head up the Post Analysis review of projects, collating information of all departments.
– Organise and facilitate work experience
– Design and develop elements on projects under the guidance of a Project Leader and provide sound administrative support
– Act as Project Leader on small scale projects, fully develop design, manage documentation and see through to fruition
– Work to agreed timescales
– Assist with design presentations
– Design and cost up FF&E projects as directed
– Develop project knowledge and technical skills
– Identify successful details and lessons from previous projects
– Attend trade fairs and attend supplier meetings
– Provide support to design director as and when required.
Key attributes of the Residential Interior Designer/ Project Resourcer:
– An appreciation of the Company’s ethos and ways of working
– Confident using AutoCAD
– Drive and enthusiasm to inspire and motivate the team
– Hard working, conscientious and highly organised approach
– An approachable and professional manner with clients and suppliers and ability to build and maintain relationships
– Ability to encourage a calm, positive environment with a flexible and good humoured approach
– A passion and flair for design and a capacity for innovation and forward thinking
– A common sense approach so as to be able use one’s initiative to find creative solutions to problems
Skills & Knowledge of the Residential Interior Designer/ Project Resourcer:
– A relevant interior design qualification
– Experience of training and coaching juniors and bringing out the best in people
– Proficient in managing and tracking projects to create a smooth flow of work within the practice
– A good knowledge of FF&E suppliers
– Ability to work well in a team
– Well-developed communication and presentation skills
– Strong planning and organisational skills
– Experience on Macs, and in Adobe Creative Suite
– Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office
If you are interested in finding out more about this Residential Interior Designer/ Project Resourcer role, please get in touch with Samantha Lunt at or apply online.