Human Factors Researcher Job
- West Midlands
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Human Factors Researcher/ Midlands/ £33k – 38k / Permanent
Skills: Human Factors, Design Research, User Research, Ergonomics, Ethnography, Workshops, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign
This highly revered and award winning multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in the heart of the Midlands are looking for a Human Factors Researcher to join the remarkable research and strategy team.
The successful candidate is someone who has a passion for understanding people, you’ll collaborate with clients, designers, engineers and colleagues to plan research activities, conduct fieldwork, analyse findings, and translate those insights for diverse audiences. Your enthusiasm and passion for understanding human needs will involve you in many aspects of the research and design process. You are detail-oriented and able to work independently and across disciplines on multiple projects whilst keeping up a high degree of rigor.
They are looking for a talented Human Factors Researcher with a minimum of 3 years’ experience of applying human factors methodologies within a product development context, who possesses strong customer affinity and user empathy, thrives on working in multi-disciplinary teams and has a passion for field research, data analysis and translation You will work as a member of the Research team, and will work closely with other design researchers, design strategists and ergonomist’s on noteworthy projects for the company’s high profile list of clients across various market sectors.
THE HUMAN FACTORS RESEARCHER ROLE
- Involved in the designing and planning of research projects from conception to execution
- Conduct requirements gathering tasks such as stakeholder interviews, observations, contextual inquiries, user interviews, workshops, and other methods
- Routinely inventing, developing and introducing new methods and techniques
- Translate data into insights, frameworks and expressions of human needs
- Help create compelling presentations and design/product recommendations including video capture and editing.
- Thrive in cross-disciplinary collaboration to generate user-cantered opportunities and concepts.
- Adapt to changing schedules and different types of projects
- Spend time travelling (up to 15% as needed)
ABOUT THE SENIOR DESIGN RESEARCHER AND STRATEGIST
- Degree or higher in Human factors, ergonomics, cognitive psychology, usability, anthropology, design, engineering, or equivalent field
- A demonstrated understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods is preferable.
- At least 3 years’ experience of applying human factors methodologies to product development programs
- Proven track record of applying research methodologies on live client projects
- Good product research and analysis skills
- Proven communication skills
- Experienced in the use of video to capture and communicate findings.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Excel and PowerPoint