Industrial Design Consultant Job
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Industrial Design Consultant / Cambridge / £45K+ / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, UX & UI, Consultancy, Medical, Healthcare Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keyshot, Solidworks, Pro-Engineer, Sketch
An award-winning medical device design & development consultancy are on the look-out for a pro-active Industrial Design Consultant with excellent attention to detail for their Cambridge based team. They are looking for someone to apply strategic design thinking with storytelling and play an active part in shaping the team. The ideal candidate will have at least 4+ years’ experience in a similar field and be ready to take on a board range of challenging projects.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN JOB
- Reporting to the Director of Design, mentoring junior members of staff.
- Working alongside the human factors specialists and engineers.
- Presenting product designs that have been developed with a meticulous attention to detail and solid justifications for every design decision.
- Develop well thought through ideas and to add a compelling narrative to transform your insights into products.
- Actively keeping track of design trends, materials and manufacturing processes.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
- A degree in Product/ Industrial Design, 2:1 or above.
- Significant client facing commercial design experience.
- Exceptional portfolio of products.
- Track record of delivering elegant design solutions to a variety of problems.
- Great storytelling ability.
- Experience in the following software; Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign, Solidworks.
- Digital UX/UI design experience (Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- Great sketching ability.
- Excellent communicator.