|What’s the Job?
To assist the Design team in creation / development of exciting new and innovative premium product
What will I do?
Concept design & development
- Work alongside the Design and Technical teams in creation of concept ideas to help generate initial prototypes for evaluation
- To help develop product concepts, integrating technical designs and constraints
- Assist in user research, generating ideas fed from user / market insights
New product development process
- Attend NPD workshops and meetings with the R&D and Operations team.
- Ability to understand technical constraints when creating designs for our product range.
- Work with suppliers to communicate design intent and manage cost and time constraints.
- Work within the Design and Engineering team to uphold brand intent and realise concept visions.
- Creation of on-product graphics including Brand-marking, regulatory labels – layouts / and 2D artworks for global ratings labels.
- Develop product peripherals (brushes, attachments etc).
What skills and qualities will I need?
- Minimum of three years industry experience.
- Degree educated with experience working in a Design consultancy or consumer products company.
- Proficient in 3D CAD. Ideally using Pro/Engineer or SolidWorks
- Ability to interpret briefs and communicate ideas with fluent / confident hand sketching skills.
- UX / ergonomics insight experience and translation into product concepts.
- Must have a sound knowledge of 2D Design packages – in particular the Adobe Suite.
- Ability to create high quality visualisation.
- Ability to manage external suppliers in the creation of visual models or prototypes.
- Self-motivated, with a positive and proactive approach.