Industrial Designer – Medical Devices Job
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Job Level:
- Manager, Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Industrial Designer / Cambridge / £ 35k + (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Medical Devices, Drug Delivery, Innovation, Consumer Products, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Sketching.
We currently have an exciting and career defining opportunity for a highly motivated Industrial Designer to join an award-winning medical device design and development company that has a history spanning over 30 years. The studio works closely some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies to develop better products and meaningful solutions.
This multi-disciplinary team of designers are currently looking for an experienced industrial designer, where the ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about creating better human experiences and is a natural problem solver. You must be able to demonstrate experience in industrial design, engineering and human factors with the ability to develop medical devices from early concept through to commercial launch.
THE INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER JOB
- Take a leading design role, where you will be required to apply your design skills in the development of industry leading medical products.
- Incorporate product design, human factors and usability considerations as well as the ability to incorporate novel mechanisms and robust engineering.
- Liaising with clients from around the world, you will work with a highly driven and dedicated team of highly talented designers, to deliver innovative solutions.
- Develop well throughout though ideas, and able to add a compelling narrative.
- Client presentations, understanding marketing needs and prepare proposals.
- Be an ambassador for the team.
- Generation of innovative medical devices and equipment from concept to working prototype manufacture.
- Applying a balance of form, function and user experience to deliver sophisticated design solutions.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- 1st or Upper 2nd class degree within Product Design / Industrial Design.
- Experience in Solidworks and/or Pro Engineer.
- Skills in human factors and usability of products.
- Confident communication with great story telling ability.
- Proven track record of delivering elegant design solutions.
- Great sketching abilities, from quick communication to presentation standard.
- Knowledge of ergonomics, design research, engineering and user experience.
- A drive to succeed, to continuously improve the quality of your work, to develop new skills and take increasing responsibility.