Industrial Designer – Medical Job
- Woking, Surrey
- Job Level:
- Manager, Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Industrial Designer – Medical / Woking, Surrey / £40k – £50k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Designer, Medical, Human Factors, Human Sciences, Ergonomics, Consumer Electronics, Wearable Tech.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Industrial Designer to join an innovative company that delivers unparalleled breakthroughs in performance through the application of advanced technology and design. This role presents an opportunity to join a team that consists of some of the most highly skilled professionals in design, technology, and engineering that deliver high-performance design of products and processes across a range of industries from health, motorsport, transport and consumer brands. If you have the skills to make a difference to a growing team and are excited by new challenges, motivated to succeed and want to grab opportunities with both hands, please get in touch.
THE INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER ROLE
- You will lead industrial design across projects, working closely with technical leads to deliver holistic product solutions.
- You will deliver imaginative and creative designs, translating both technical and user driven requirements and ideas into meaningful and compelling concepts.
- You will envision and design high performance products through the use of cutting edge technologies and computer aided concept generation tools.
- You will give creative input into a wider portfolio of projects, with focus on high performance products, health and wellness, transport, energy, and motorsport.
- You will support project planning, budget estimates and pre-sales activities for new client engagements.
- Clearly communicate design intent to engineering colleagues and client design teams, maintaining ownership of the design throughout.
- You will provide input into team strategy discussions, taking a shared ownership of the team’s growth and capability development.
- You will represent the brand, reporting and presenting to clients, partners and colleagues at all levels of the business.
- A champion for design and the value it brings to business whilst being a subject matter expert in a multi-disciplinary working environment.
- You will support a multi-disciplinary team, often acting as content lead with indirect reports as part of a matrix project structure.
- You will work in a wide variety of sectors but all will be characterised by a level of technical differentiation that reflects the company’s renowned brand values.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and innovation with a keen sense of detail.
- Achieve solutions that create coherence and balance between competing objectives.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- Have a BSc Industrial Design, Product Design, equivalent creative-technical degree or equivalent medical industry experience.
- Have demonstrable experience of products or projects taken to market in the advanced medical or consumer wearable sectors.
- Have experience designing for compliance with medical directives and regulations.
- Are a master of design communication and design language creation.
- Have an appreciation of colour, material and finish (CMF).
- Are an expert at sketching ideas for design visualisation.
- Are proficient with translating sketched design concepts into 3D CAD models, using both solid and surface modelling techniques, ideally using SolidWorks, Rhino or Alias.
- Fluency in complex surface modelling techniques and algorithmic modelling experience is an advantage.
- Pragmatic and motivated self-starter, capable of operating autonomously with minimal direction.
- Acts as a mentor and role model for more junior colleagues.