Interaction Designer Job
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Interaction Designer / Cambridge / £50k+ / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, UX, Interaction Design, User Experience, User Interaction, wireframes.
An award winging product design and technology consultancy is looking to expand their UI/UX capabilities significantly. They are currently looking for a talented and creative Interaction Designer with experience leading and developing innovative and exciting solutions. This is an established company that is experiencing rapid growth, winning multiple awards, and recognised as a market leader in delivering high impact solutions for blue chip companies and small start-ups. They have a multi-disciplinary team and work in sectors such as Medical, consumer and telecoms. With spectacular offices and labs based in Cambridge you will be working with the best technology in the industry with a clear path for growth and development.
THE INTERACTION DESIGNER ROLE
- As part of the companies Medical Technology Division you will be involved in the development of innovative medical devices and equipment from concept to manufacture, often incorporating considerable technical challenges.
- Work effectively with a multidisciplinary team of Industrial Designers, Human Factor Engineers and Mechanical Engineers.
- Lead interaction designers in providing the best creative input and design solutions.
- Support and facilitate designers in proposing new design solutions.
- Interpret and apply new technologies to interaction designs.
- Set design and operational goals for the interaction design team aligned with the sector strategic plan.
- Ensure that all products meet the predefined levels of design content.
- Balance the relationship between product properties, design elements, user needs, business goals, marketing directions, consumer trends, technology and environmental issues.
- Meet internal and external deadlines according to project planning.
- Deliver surprising and relevant interaction design scenarios / themes / concepts that explore potential or articulate a proposition.
- Define and communicate interaction concepts using appropriate skills (i.e. sketching, prototyping and specification).
- Formulate effective and appropriate sensorial languages that link user experience.
- Formulate behaviours and affordances through all senses (using lights, sounds, movement, visual interface) and define appropriate UI controls.
- Establish information architectures, application flows (flowcharts) and functional designs for application screens (wireframes).
- Understand technology, constraints and trends.
ABOUT THE INTERACTION DESIGNER
- A degree in HCI, Design or other relevant experience in the field
- Good knowledge of user-centred, user interface, user experience design methods and tools
- Curiosity and empathy
- Passion for elegant design solutions and an eye for detail
- Experience of Drug Delivery Devices, Wireless devices / eHealth, Surgical and Interventional Products, Medical Diagnostics and Instrumentation.