Interior Design Director for Luxury Residential Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- AutoCAD, Microstation
- Job Reference:
Interior Design Director – Microstation, AutoCAD / London / Salary up to £75,000 / Permanent
Luxury residential and commercial studio working in the UK and overseas is looking for an Interior Design Director to join their London studio. As Interior Design Director, you would have successfully managed a number of projects on time and to budget and completion whilst managing a team of both interior designers and architects.
You will have significant experience in high-end luxury residential interiors, but our client works on a wide ranging portfolio covering all sectors including high-end residential commissions, hotels, restaurants, commercial buildings and private members clubs.
You should bring to the company a level of expertise that helps our client operate at the highest level and also have an understanding of the management methods by the company operates, and potentially bring constructive ideas, methods which will improve the company’s existing structure.
Skills and experience for the Interior Design Director role:
- Experienced at dealing with clients, contractors and other specialists in a highly professional manner
- Proven knowledge in running and delivering projects from initial concept to completion:
- Concept Design
- Production Information
- Tender Process
- Knowledge of Microstation and / or AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3d modelling software, Excel, Estimate and other industry software packages would all be advantageous.
- Organised, and able to manage a team effectively and mentor others
- Motivated but also a good team leader who is able to work collaboratively
- Self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- Ability to manage time and work flow of projects efficiently
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to review documentations prepared by others and highlight / correct issues
Responsibilities for the Interior Design Director role:
- Managing project programmes and ensuring all deadlines are met
- Leading project teams effectively, such that briefs are fully achieved within required timescales
- Working closely with Directors on managing resource, ensuring adequate staff is allocated to meet deadlines
- Briefing and running weekly team meetings, ensuring project teams have a thorough understanding of project timelines and milestones
- Supervising the production of design packages – concept designs, layout plans, construction drawings
- Preparing and presenting design proposals to clients
- Dealing with contractors, subcontractors and specialist to ensure site works are completed on time and on budget
- Mentoring and developing junior members of staff
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Working closely with the directors, you are expected to use your initiative on following up on new business opportunities and attend networking events within the industry
- Spotting new business opportunists and networking at industry events
Goals / Targets for the Interior Design Director role:
- Assisting in the development of junior team members skills
- To develop the knowledge and skills required for your role and beyond
- Implementing presentation skills; representing the company’s brand to clients and contractors
- Researching and introducing specialist suppliers to the company
If you’re interested in finding out more about this Interior Design Director role then please get in touch with Deborah D’Silva or apply online.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Adrem are specialist in Interior Design jobs.