IT & CAD Manager for Leading Architects Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
IT & CAD Manager for Leading Architects
A well known architecture practice is seeking an IT + CAD Manager to join their management team. This is a vital role within the practice and management team.
The atmosphere is friendly and reasonably informal but the office has high standards. The office is project based and busy. They are running a PC environment, running Revit & Microstation as main CAD programmes
- Triage and troubleshooting of IT issues reported by users
- Liaising with external IT consultants and managing their task-list
- Server and network monitoring, in coordination with external IT consultants
- Monitoring Deltek PIM document management software
- Setting up and deploying workstations
- Overseeing hardware renewal
- Deploying software installations and updates
- Managing printer and plotter integration
- Managing AV equipment and integration
- Managing telephone system and integration
CAD & BIM management
- providing general support and training staff in software usage
- management and development of CAD and BIM standards, including libraries
- maintenance and management of CAD and BIM systems, including licences
- integrating systems within wider office and IT environment.
This person needs to be
- Versatile and organised
- Proactive and efficient self-starter
- Calm under pressure
- Able to prioritise between several tasks or projects
- Helpful and service-oriented
Candidates must have excellent Microstation and Revit experience, in both managing and using the software. Experience of IT support or formal training in IT support is required. Experience of working within a construction industry consultancy is required, preferably within an architectural or engineering practice.
The salary is open to negotiation for the right candidate!