Junior Design Engineer Job
- Job Level:
- Junior, Mid-Level
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Junior Design Engineer / London / £25k-£30k / Permanent
Skills: Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Engineering Lighting, Solidworks, Exhibition, Urban Lighting, Installations
A fusion of art and design underpins the innovative productions behind this studios’ work. Their charming, playful and individualistic creations submerges audience members though exciting and interactive experiences, engaging them through the beauty and mesmerising combination of sound lighting, colour and patterns. A small practice, but big in stature, are looking for a Junior to Middleweight Design Engineer to join their creative team in London. The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years’ experience and ready to embark on a career defining opportunity to design and deliver high profile, ground-breaking and fun installations and experiences.
THE DESIGN ENGINEER
- Work alongside the Senior Design Engineers and support a multi-disciplinary team of around 20 people.
- Play an active role in the strategy and creative vision of all projects.
- Maintain an interest in emerging trends and technologies.
- Uncover and overcome the technical problems within projects.
- Use understanding of technology and materials to deliver complex projects.
- Actively contribute to the development of prototypes and technologies both internally and externally.
ABOUT DESIGN ENGINEER
- Educated with a relevant degree.
- A problem solver with a background in design and engineering.
- Skills required in Adobe Creative Suite.
- A balanced understanding of the creative and technical stages of projects.
- Experience working with artists, agencies and brands.
- Experience of Lighting, mechatronics interactive artworks and exhibitions.
- Electronics experience, Arduino and processing sketching.
- Good communication skills both visually and verbally.
- Experience of working in film, art, event production, advertising or fabrication.