Junior Design Researcher Job
- West Midlands
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Junior Design Researcher / Midlands/ £23k – 33k / Permanent
Skills: Design Research, Design strategy, User research, Ethnography, Workshops, Anthropology, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign
A superb opportunity for a talented Junior Design Researcher to join the remarkable research team at this highly revered and award winning multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in the heart of the Midlands.
The successful candidate is someone who possesses a strong customer affinity and user empathy, thrives on working in multidisciplinary teams and has a passion for field research, data analysis and insights translation.
They are looking for a Junior Researcher with a degree or equivalent in design research, design strategy, design, human factors, cognitive science, usability, anthropology, engineering, or equivalent field.
You will work closely with other design strategists, design researchers, ergonomists, designers and engineers on noteworthy projects for the company’s high profile list of clients across various market sectors.
THE JUNIOR DESIGN RESEARCH ROLE
- Involved in the designing and planning of research projects from conception to execution
- Conduct requirements gathering tasks such as stakeholder interviews, observations, contextual inquiries, user interviews, workshops, and other methods
- Work on research projects from front end strategic planning work to detailed validation exercises
- Translate data into insights, frameworks and expressions of human needs
- Help create compelling presentations and design/product recommendations
- Develop and experiment with new research methods
- Spend time travelling (up to 15% as needed)
- Experience of applying qualitative design research methodologies on live client projects
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and across disciplines on multiple projects
- Passion for user experience, and an advocate for the user
- Personable/ able to relax clients/consumers and get the most from a field visit
- Flexible working style with the ability to work both independently and as a team member
ABOUT THE JUNIOR DESIGN RESEARCHER
- Degree or equivalent in design research, design strategy, design, human factors, cognitive science, usability, anthropology, engineering, or equivalent field
- Proven communication skills
- Can demonstrate experience with project examples (course work or practical experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in the use of video to capture and communicate findings.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Excel and PowerPoint