Junior Industrial Designer / Cambridge / £25k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Design Management, Design Research, Design Strategy, Healthcare, Packaging, Transport, Consumer Goods, Apparel, Solidworks, Keyshot
An exciting and career defining opportunity to join a multidisciplinary consultancy based in the heart of Cambridge that specialises in producing innovative products and services. The dedicated and driven team work across a huge variety of sectors delivering strategic design solutions for some of the biggest names in Healthcare, Packaging, Transport, Consumer Goods and Apparel. With a diverse team made up of industry experts such as behavioural analysts, designers and scientists, they create world class products and services for clients such as Jaguar Land Rover, Electrolux, Wonderbra, P&G, Pepsi, Boeing and many more.
THE JUNIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN ROLE
- Responsible for bringing design thinking to innovation challenges.
- Responsible for bringing consumer thinking and translating that into design.
- Implementing design strategies for concept portfolios.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team on diverse projects.
- Using CAD to produce visuals and communicate solutions.
- Creating presentations for clients and communicating deliverables.
- Supporting project delivery as well as managing some projects.
- Finding insights and defining opportunity areas.
- Researching trends and applications.
- Researching different markets and finding growth areas.
- Conducting trend analysis and researching product design languages.
ABOUT THE JUNIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- A solid Product/Industrial Design Degree.
- Have a good understanding of consumer insight/research and how it translates into design.
- Experience of working with creative/innovation/design agencies.
- Bring a fresh creative perspective, new tools and techniques.
- Have a creative and analytical eye.
- Experience working on projects from beginning to end.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with client facing experience.