Lead Industrial Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Lead Designer / Cheltenham / £60k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Bathroom & Kitchen, Consumer Products, Furniture, Lighting.
A leading Kitchen and Bath brand in the UK are looking for a Lead Designer to bridge the gap between the definition of strategy and vision and creative execution. They are looking for someone to take the imitative as lead in the design process and be willing to develop into a management role to inspire and develop Junior Designers assigned to them. The ideal candidate will have at least 10+ years’ experience and have a passion for leadership.
THE LEAD DESIGN ROLE
- Work very closely with all new product development departments, especially Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, and Manufacturing, in a team atmosphere achieving new levels of creativity and innovation with their key projects.
- Will support the Studio Manager, working across all categories at a trio level to define strategic as well as tactical direction.
- Participate in the definition of ID vision and lead its exploration and articulation.
- Build internal and external relationships to strengthen their understanding of all categories and how they can influence innovation.
- Lead large, complex design projects from concept generation through implementation.
- Understand the consumer so that functional aspects can be considered along with business objectives, aesthetic needs and cost objectives.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to a multi-level team, providing design and technical direction where necessary.
- Participate in accomplishing the day-to-day activities of the Industrial Design department and maintaining a creative and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate activities with outside industrial design consultants.
- Support annual strategic planning with planned activities and concepts.
ABOUT THE LEAD DESIGNER
- Degree in Product or Industrial design.
- Experience in consumer product or interior design, architecture furniture, lighting, consumer research and/ or other related fields.
- 10 + years of design experience.
- Experience in leadership.
- Positive and willingness to grow into management level.