Legal Counsel for Leading Architect Practice Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
One of the UKs leading architectural practice is seeking a Legal Counsel to join their small Legal Team. They would be responsible for:
- taking a proactive and leading role in reviewing and negotiatingarchitects’ professional appointments; in doing so, considering:
- both liability and commercial aspects;
- the services to be provided, as well as the legal terms; and
- the requirements of the practice’s insurers;
- reviewing supplier agreements to be entered into by the practice;
- maintaining a collection of standard contractual documentation;
- advising internally on legal and commercial matters and promoting good practice;
- communicating with clients, insurers and outside counsel;
- dealing with claims and potential claims against the practice in conjunction with insurers and outside counsel, and with claims for unpaid fees; and
- often acting outside the “comfort zone”, whether in dealing in foreign jurisdictions, in reviewing unusual documents or in providing ad hoc advice on both usual and unusual situations.
Prerequisites needed for a successful candidate
- minimum 2 years post LPC, BVC or BPTC qualification in a legal/contractual role;
- substantial employment experience in a company providing non-legal professional services, preferably in the architecture or construction services sectors;
- ease in drafting contractual clauses and a precise and convincing style of written English;
- a talent for communicating with clients and clients’ lawyers in a friendly and constructive manner
- the ability to explain legal issues in layman’s terms; and
- a flexible approach whilst promoting the practice’s legal and commercial interests internally.
Please get in touch to hear more about the role!