Managing Director for Design Led Furniture Brand Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Managing Director for Design Led Furniture Brand
A boutique furniture company that creates meaningful pieces for discerning clients are seeking a Managing Director to join their team. It is London based, but with a global outlook, they embrace contrasts and celebrate differences, bringing together carefully curated and beautifully crafted collections that make people’s lives richer. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service and lead the whole team.
They work hard to create a vibrant working environment that provides real opportunity to develop, progress and prosper within the Company.
Key Responsibilities for the MD role
- Growing the business to ensure maximum profitability and shareholder return
- Directing the strategy towards profitable growth
- Developing strategic operating plans which reflect the long-term vision, objectives and priorities of the business
- Leading, guiding, directing and evaluating the work of the team – whilst ensuring that each team member is responsible and accountable.
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are understood by all employees
- Building, motivating and maintaining an effective team
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans, objectives, KPI’s and budgets
- Maintaining an awareness of the competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards
- Representing the company. Engaging, developing and maintaining key relationships with key consumers and professional associations
- Demonstrating the leadership necessary to make the organisation a success.
- Complex problem solving and effective decision making in line with the business strategy
- Reporting to the Board of Directors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record running a successful team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Methodology to monitor progress
- Financial knowledge and experience
- Organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills
- Second language is desirable but not imperative
- Experience working in a similar environment: furniture, design brand or in Interiors
- Demonstrable management experience
The salary is open for negotiation depending on the right candidate.
Applications are invited from candidates with experience within the creative and commercial industries. A successful candidate will have strong commercial awareness, possess the communication and presentation skills to liaise at every level, both internally and externally. solid negotiation skills, be self-managing and driven and be highly personable.