Managing Director, London. Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Our client is a major presence on the world architectural stage, with offices in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Manila, Dubai, Lima and Sao Paulo. With a staff of C 600 people and projects in 54 countries on five continents the firm has received hundreds of design awards.
As our client is now intending to open a London office to capitalise on the growth of the market and to service the UK interests of their established North American and European clients, we are seeking a Managing Director to head up their London team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a personable, highly articulate and charismatic candidate to come on board as an Ambassador and Manager within the UK market. The Managing Director will have a track record of developing and maintaining strong client relationships and securing repeat business.
Specific Role Requirements
You will represent the practice, lead your projects and be responsible for the quality of design and client service, as well as having a day-to-day involvement in the management of the London team and resources.
* Lead and manage Client Accounts through feasibility and concept design stages, through to Planning
* Always foster and promote high quality design.
* Actively take part in the recruitment process for new staff and build a team to manage and resource specific London projects.
* Negotiate fees & appointments, plan & allocate resources to projects, ensure deadlines are achieved & margins are maintained.
* Provide leadership and inspiration to the London team
* Develop effective working relationships with existing and new clients to develop further business opportunities.
* Work closely with the US and Paris Directors in order to proactively identify the business needs and work with them to develop a strategic approach.