Mid-Level Design Engineer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Mid-level Design Engineer / London / £45k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Engineer, Mechanical, Electronics, Design for Manufacture, Transport, Cycling, Solidworks, Keyshot.
A world-renowned British icon who manufacture personal transport products requires an experienced and talented Design Engineer to produce prototype component designs. The Design Engineer, will be based in the brands London facility and be responsible for projects from start to finish, from research and conception to the final, high quality manufacturable design.
THE DESIGN ENGINEER JOB
- Use creativity and technical knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques to make advances in our product that are of real value to customers.
- Drive the development of new products and the evolution of existing ones with a focus on reducing the weight of components without sacrificing safety, functionality or robustness.
- Be responsible for creating project briefs, communicating and agreeing project aims with the wider company.
- Managing project schedules and budgets to ensure products are delivered on time and to agreed costs.
- Champion great design to produce products that meet demanding performance and functional criteria.
- Apply practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing. Work with Quality, Logistics and Operations staff and apply good engineering practice to ensure the products you deliver are robust.
- Produce technical documentation, including technical drawings, to control production of products to the appropriate quality levels.
ABOUT THE DESIGN ENGINEER
- Degree qualified with 4+ years of proven experience delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within budget constraints.
- An understanding of working with the main manufacturing methods and the engineering methodology needed to produce high performance components.
- Be able to demonstrate a creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- The ability to plan, prioritise tasks and coordinate with other teams.
- The ability to communicate ideas through sketching.
- The hands-on skill to test and demonstrate ideas through early prototyping in the workshop.
- A high level of skill in Solidworks.
- The ability to produce properly detailed engineering drawings to control manufacture of products.