Mid Level Industrial Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Product Designer / Berkshire / £30k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Toy Design, Manufacturing, Solidworks, 3D modelling, Sketching
A successful, award winning and globally recognised Industrial and manufacturing consultancy are looking for a passionate and competent Product Designer. They are looking for someone with a strong design background, ideally with some exposure to toy manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years’ experience and be willing to accommodate expertise in other fields.
If you enjoy the buzz of a fast pace working environment and toy development and you feel you have the skills and experience described above, then we want to hear from you.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER JOB
- Designing front end concept generations.
- Working within the product development team you will contribute to the end to end design development of products for client briefs.
- Playing a key role in product development and innovation, managing the development of new and existing products, minimising costs and meeting deadlines.
- Take creative ownership if product solutions, primarily designing toy concepts for key clients, but will be expected to work across other fields.
- Ideating and producing sketches, visualisations and prototypes.
- Presenting concepts and attending meetings, dealing with suppliers and manufacturers and have a good understanding of cost and budgets.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of current design thinking and design trends.
- You will be dealing with engineering elements and working closely with the Product Design Engineer to ensure safe, high quality products.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
- A compelling portfolio demonstrating core design skills across a range of innovative products.
- A strong understanding of concept to manufacturing process.
- 3D modelling skills.
- Solidworks Experience.
- Experience communicating in verbal and visual presentations.