Mid-Level Industrial Designer / Bournemouth, UK / £30k – £35k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Transport Design, Aviation, 3D CAD, Concept Design, Solidworks, Catia, Modo, Keyshot, Adobe, 3Ds Max.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly creative and talented designer to join a dedicated and specialist team based in Bournemouth. Here you will be responsible for the design and manufacture of leading-edge Aircraft Interiors for brands such as Virgin Atlantic, Emirates and Lufthansa. They are looking for a passionate and ambitious industrial/transport designer to join their team of designers, taking projects from initial strategy and concept design through to design detailing for production. The ideal candidate will have gained 2-3 years’ industry experience.
Candidates for this role should be able to demonstrate creative thinking and an ability to tackle a wide range of projects. Great 3D skills are a must and you must have solid experience in Solidworks and a strong portfolio with slick visual skills in either Modo, Keyshot, V-ray or 3Ds Max.
THE MID-LEVEL INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER JOB
- Work in collaboration with the wider team to design and deliver exciting projects for some of the world’s most recognised transport brands.
- Propose and evolve compelling concepts.
- Ability to generate and clearly communicate inspiring ideas, from sketch work through to development, visually and verbally.
- Resourceful, intuitive and inventive problem solving.
- Delivering creative, effective and innovative design solutions that help transform businesses.
- Get involved with mock-ups and production problems.
- Ability to tackle a wide range of projects.
- Interested in how things work and how to improve them.
- Delivering solutions which are grounded in commercially guided budgets as well as applying knowledge of manufacturing processes and industry restrictions and requirements.
ABOUT THE MID-LEVEL INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- A strong degree in Industrial/Product/Transport Design from a top university is essential.
- Ideally experience of delivering bespoke, high end furniture solutions within the aviation/transport industry.
- Exceptional portfolio showing all levels of design process, with fluent/confident hand sketching skills, strong visual and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic and inspiring member of the team, with the ambition to take on more responsibility and client interaction.
- A positive and proactive approach.
- Proficiency in Solidworks, Modo, Keyshot, V-ray, 3DsMax, Adobe Creative Suite.