Mid-Senior Industrial Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Industrial Designer / London / £35K / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Transport, Aviation, Automotive, Solidworks, Adobe CS
Transporting consumers’ experience beyond traditional norms, is just one element a talented and self-motivated Industrial Designer can expect working for this globally successful design company. They are looking for someone to challenge conventional approaches to design, digging deeper into the unknown problems faced today. Ideally, the candidate will have a least 4+ years’ experience and confidently navigate in delivering the best solutions.
If you are passionate about solving problems, telling stories and thrive on asking the right question, then we want to hear from you.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER JOB
- Be responsible for ensuring all project team output meets company’s creative standards as directed by Associate Directors, seeking insight and inspiration to do so.
- Use relevant ways of working including sketching, 2D/ 3D software and model making to convey your own and your team’s concept designs.
- Contribute to the design of new product and service solutions for clients including the exploration, refinement and specification of appropriate arrangements, mechanisms systems, experiences, materials, colour, surface finishes, manufacturing processes and packaging objects.
- Be fully aware of the agreed project proposal including approach, timeline and deliverables.
- Bring fresh and innovative design ideas, providing meaningful insight to enhance overall project quality.
- Build professional relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Help team to respond effectively to client feedback.
- Integrate with colleagues from a range of disciplines including product, interiors, experience, service, and interaction.
- Facilitate internal and client-facing strategic and creative workshops.
- Mentor and support one or more of the Designers, Junior Designers and Interns in your project team, helping them develop their creative skills and processes.
- Promote positive studio culture and contribute to studio wide initiatives.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
- A degree in a creative discipline.
- A developing portfolio of innovative & creative design work.
- An understanding of design & production processes.
- Experience contributing creatively to multiple projects.
- Knowledge of 2D (Adobe) & 3D design software.
- Have a thirst for knowledge.
- Are creative, optimistic and entrepreneurial.
- Are driven to succeed, decisive and can dependably deliver.
- Are collaborative, influential and respectful of values.