Mid-Senior Luxury Retail Interior Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- AutoCAD, Rhino
- Job Reference:
This exceptional niche practice of 25 are looking to expand as they take on more international briefs within the luxury retail sector. The ideal candidate will have an excellent retail design knowledge with a good understanding of FF&E. Projects are primarily but not exclusively within the luxury retail sector; the company are also taking on some F&B and high-end residential work. Their penthouse office is a flagship for a contemporary work environment. It boasts a roof garden, pool table and kitchen in addition to the companies added perks such as life drawing classes and yoga! The office, the companies care for their staff and of course their excellent projects truly make this the perfect place to work!
- Highly motivated and creative designer with a passion for creating innovative, high quality retail and F&B designs for the luxury market
- Design sensibility and taste to deliver luxury retail projects. Strong understanding of retail detail and material specification.
- Experience in luxury retail design with a good understanding of fashion retail
- Experience in F&B projects an advantage
- Relevant BA (Hons) qualification or above
- Advanced level skills in AutoCAD and Rhino
- Strong sketching ability
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good project management skills
- Leadership in producing technical drawing packages
- Good team mentoring skills
- Team Player
- Proven track record in retail design (at both individual boutiques & department store scales).
- F&B design an advantage
- Solid understanding of retail programmes and functions with the ability to develop best in class luxury retail environments.
- Solid understanding of the built environment and the ability to communicate this through sketches and drawings.
- Excellent technical ability, detailing, and specification writing.
- Additional attributes: creative problem solving, strategic thinking, communication skills, analytical thinking, and ability to work collaboratively.
- IDEAL if can speak Mandarin NOT essential
- Flexible working hours on a 42.5 hr working week Monday to Friday (arrive between 8am & 9:30am – leave after 5:30pm)
- 1 hour for lunch (unpaid)
- Superb office working environment, equipment, software, pool table, kitchen and roof terraces etc.
- All kitchen food basics are provided free of charge.
- Yoga classes run twice a week (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Personal fitness trainer sessions are normally twice a week (times / days varies)
- Fortnightly evening Life drawing classes in the office.
- Opportunity to join the company pension scheme after completion of probationary period (3-6 months)
- 20 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays and Xmas closure period
- End of year bonuses are awarded performance based / pro-rata for time served at the Directors discretion (depending on economic success of the business in each calendar year)
- Annual salary reviews.