Experienced Industrial / Product Designer
My Client, an internationally known Brand with significant market share in housewares are seeking an Experienced Product/ Industrial Designer with a minimum of 5 years Industry Experience to join their team in Surrey/ Hampshire.
Some of their portfolio includes first class brands to compete on a global basis as premium branded goods based on quality, awareness and innovation.
You will find my Clients Products in the majority of UK Retailers in addition to International presence stretching across Europe, North America and Australia. Customers include all major department stores, variety stores, grocery multiples and independent specialist retailers.
My client is an accredited Investors in People organisation, with a culture based on trust, responsibility, initiative and fairness.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A technical understanding of injection moulding & metal fabrication techniques.
- A solid understanding and experience of ‘design for manufacture’, using plastics, wood, steel and similar substrates
- Experience in design and development with capacity for problem solving and ability to drive change.
- Understanding of the latest CAD programs, including working experience of Solidworks.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office software
- Cross functional experience: ability to specify and manage constructional packaging related to new products.
- Availability to travel internationally where required
Main duties/responsibilities: Product Designer
- Undertake the design, development and implementation of specific new product projects
- Critical Path Analysis (CPA) for each specific project. Uphold and communicate changes through regular communication channels and review forums.
- Participate in monthly New Product Development meetings. Ownership for critical areas of accountability and responsibility. Adhere to predefined Critical Path for each project ensuring that key milestones are met and delays are eliminated.
- Work closely with engineering, quality and where necessary vendors to ensure outstanding product performance is reached and maintained on all projects in line with UK and International legislative requirements.
- design & technical status of projects is well documented and published in order that Brand Product Managers and other business areas fully understand progress.
- Work closely with other Office locations within the Business to ensure design & development projects are feasible.
- Manage the workload and output of 1 or more direct reports.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Results-driven, with excellent prioritisation of workload and deadlines.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail especially regarding feasibility for production.
- Excellent team player and collaborative approach to work.
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate others.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile.