Mid – Senior Product Designer – Consumer Electronics Job
- HK$ 500,000/annum
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Mid – Senior Product Designer / Hong Kong / $300k+ (HKD) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Audio, Consumer Electronics, Lifestyle, Ideation.
An industry leading audio and lifestyle brand are currently looking for a super talented and highly driven Product Design to join their growing in-house team, based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be working across a variety of product categories, including audio, headphones, home cinema, multimedia, home communications and accessories.
Innovation within the sector is at the core of this design team, they strive to deliver the best technology and services in the audio market. At their Hong Kong design studio, they have bought together some of the most talented designers and creatives from all over the globe. This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a brand that is positioned as one of the fastest-growing music lifestyle companies in the world, and you will be conceptualising, developing and bringing to market new and exciting products.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER JOB
- Contribute and drive the brands consumer electronics range for the global market.
- Plan and execute design projects based on given briefs and schedules.
- Leading Project Development, and bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of design development.
- Ideation and concept development, produce stories and prototypes for new product design.
- Attend meetings to convey design concepts and communicate with other parties for execution.
- Working across other incorporated brands within the group to implement design identity characteristics for different markets. Ensure the ‘look and feel’ of the design solutions satisfy the identity guidelines.
- Ensure the results satisfy the given briefs in aspects of form, aesthetics, physical and interfaces between users and products.
- CMF. Determine appropriate materials, mechanism, construction, colour, surface finishes.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGNER
- Experienced in designing products for the consumer markets, ideally electronics, audio and lifestyle.
- Experiences taking ideas from concept through to manufacture.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Product Design.
- Appropriate experiences in corporate design centre or consultancy.
- Must demonstrate creative innovative approach and hands-on competency to design.
- Ability to work and communicate with other design and business functions.