Mid – Senior Product Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Mid – Senior Product Designer / London / £30k-£40k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product design, Industrial Design, Sketching, Solidworks, Keyshot, Homeware, Gift & Accessories, Luxury, Product Development, Manufacture
This is an amazing opportunity to join a global brand that is renowned for its luxury homeware, Furniture, accessories, lighting and interior/installation projects. The successful candidate will be working alongside this successful design and product development team. Working in collaboration with the wider team you will be responsible for designing and delivering compelling, high quality products. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of manufacturing processes and materials, an exceptional eye for detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines. This is an exciting and career defining opportunity with great scope for personal and professional development.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER ROLE
- Contribute to the end to end design and development of products.
- Playing a key role in product development and innovation.
- Ideating and producing concepts, visualisations and prototypes.
- Collaborating with the wider team to ensure product viability.
- Dealing with suppliers and manufacturers and should have a good understanding of cost and budgets.
- Maintaining a high level of precision and efficiency and consistently delivering to tight deadlines.
- Assisting on key launches including Maison&Objet and Salone de Mobile Milano.
- Generating 2D and 3D models, renders and technical packages.
- Developing and maintaining a new product pipeline for future ranges / collections.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGNER
- A degree in a relevant creative discipline, i.e. Product Design, Industrial Design.
- Proven and extensive experience in designing for the premium home, furniture and gift market.
- Ambition to take on more responsibility, mentor a team and manage client relationships.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Highly motivated and ambitious individual.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Awareness of trends and good understanding of competitor market.